- The RondezVous Team
6 Tips To Prevent And Manage Dry, Frizzy Hair During The Winter
With the holidays right around the corner, it's already time for us to start preparing for winter! Along with the dry air indoors and bundling up for outdoors, there are also a few other things we need to prepare for - namely our hair. Fear not! In this article, your Sudbury hair stylists share the best tips on how to prevent and manage dry frizzy hair during the cold weather season.
How to Prevent Dry, Frizzy Hair
Dry and frizzy hair is a common problem during the winter months. There are a few environmental factors and things you can do to prevent dry, frizzy hair during the winter.
If you're like most people, you probably think that the only way to get rid of dry, frizzy hair is to use a lot of expensive products. However, there are a few simple tips that can help you achieve soft, manageable hair without spending a fortune.
Here are a few tips to manage your Sudbury hair during the winter:
- Use a humidifier: A humidifier adds moisture to the air, which can help prevent your hair from becoming dry and frizzy.
- Limit your time in the shower: When your hair is exposed to water for too long, it can become dry and brittle. So, try to limit your showers to no more than 10 minutes. Hot water will further strip moisture from your hair. So when you do wash your hair, use lukewarm water instead of hot.
- Protect your hair from the elements by wearing a hat or scarf when you go outside in cold weather. This will help to keep your hair from getting dried out by the wind and cold air.
How To Get Rid of Dry, Frizzy Hair
Now of course, when it comes to dry, frizzy hair, winter can be harsh and there’s only so much we can do to avoid it. The cold weather and low humidity levels can suck the moisture right out of your hair, leaving it feeling dry, brittle, and frizzy. So we wouldn’t be the best hair salon in Sudbury if we didn’t advise you on the best hair tips and products to help get rid of dry, frizzy hair!
1. Use a gentle, moisturizing shampoo and conditioner like Redken All Soft or All Soft Mega. Look for products that contain natural oils or butters. Avoid shampoos and conditioners that contain alcohol, which can dry out your hair.
2. Next, make sure you’re using a deep conditioner at least once a week. A good deep conditioner will help to replenish lost moisture and nourish your hair. Redken All Soft Mega Mask is a best seller! Apply it after shampooing, leave it on for a few minutes, then rinse thoroughly with cool water.
3. Use a leave-in conditioner or other type of hair treatment. These products can help add moisture to your hair and make it easier to style. We love Redken’s Frizz Dismiss line but feel free to check with your RondezVous Colour Lounge stylist and we will be sure to give you the best recommendation for your hair type and hair condition.
4. Limit your use of heat styling tools. Heat styling tools can strip your hair of its natural moisture and make it more susceptible to damage. If you must use them, be sure to use a heat protectant product beforehand. Redken Thermal Spray is a great option here.
5. Let your hair air dry whenever possible. If you must blow dry your hair, use the lowest setting and don’t hold the dryer too close to your hair.
6. Brush your hair gently with a wide-tooth comb or brush designed for curly hair. Avoid using excessive force, which can damage your hair and cause breakage.
Conclusion With the winter months comes the challenge of managing dry, frizzy hair. However, with a few simple tips and tricks from the best hair salon in Sudbury, you can easily prevent and manage dry, frizzy hair during the winter. By following our hair tips above, you can keep your Sudbury hair healthy and hydrated all winter long. What do you love or hate most about the winter? Share them with us in the comments below!
Remember that we have the best professional products to help you maintain your hair at home and they can all be purchased online here: https://rondezvous.alternativebeauty.ca/
If you have any questions about your hair, make sure to ask away at your next salon visit with our hair experts in Sudbury and until then, you can catch us on social media @rondezvoussalon
The Hair Stylist Specialists at your favourite Sudbury hair salon, RondezVous Colour Lounge